Hear about journey to Egypt together with Cairo and climbing Mount Sinai within the Sinai Peninsula because the Novice Traveler talks to Greg from ThePresentPerspective.com about their latest journey to see a distinct a part of Egypt.
Why must you go to Egypt?
Greg says, “I feel there are 1,000,000 the reason why somebody ought to go to Egypt. Heat and hospitable individuals. Nice tradition. Egyptian historical past clearly is huge, and it’s one of many oldest civilizations on the planet. There’s a lot to see in Decrease Egypt, in Cairo there’s simply an infinite wealth of treasures to discover however after we visited Egypt, we determined to go a bit of bit off of the normal route that a variety of vacationers go it’s not that we weren’t involved in going to Luxor and Aswan and doing a Nile cruise. We get pleasure from historical past, however we’re not historical past buffs, and I feel, to us, there was sufficient historical historical past in Cairo.”
“So whereas Luxor would have been nice to go to, we had sufficient of a time with Egyptian historical past in Cairo, with the pyramids and Saqqara and all of that. So we determined to go a distinct route and as an alternative of heading south, head east. So we headed into the Sinai Peninsula.”
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
- Arrive in Cairo, the capital of Egypt.
- Verify into your lodging in Giza.
Day 2: Exploring the Pyramids
- Spend the day exploring the Giza Plateau.
- Go to the long-lasting Pyramids of Giza, together with the Nice Pyramid of Khufu.
- Discover the Sphinx and the traditional temples within the space.
Day 3: Saqqara and Memphis
- Head to Saqqara, recognized for the Step Pyramid, which is among the oldest pyramid constructions.
- Discover the traditional metropolis of Memphis, the previous capital of Egypt.
- Return to your lodging in Cairo or Giza for the evening.
Day 4: Coptic Cairo and St. Simon the Tanner Monastery
- Discover the historic district of Coptic Cairo.
- Go to St. Simon the Tanner Monastery, positioned in caves on Mount Makatum.
- Benefit from the distinctive ambiance of this historic website.
- Spend the evening in Cairo.
Day 5: Journey to St. Catharine
- Depart for St. Catharine, a city positioned on the base of Mount Sinai.
- Select both a street journey from Cairo or fly to Sharm El Sheikh Worldwide Airport and prepare transportation to St. Catharine.
- Verify into your lodging in St. Catharine.
Day 6: Climbing Mount Sinai
- Get up early to start your dawn hike up Mount Sinai.
- Benefit from the breathtaking views from the summit because the solar rises.
- Go to St. Catherine’s Monastery, one of many oldest on the planet, positioned on the foot of the mountain.
- Spend the evening in St. Catharine.
Day 7: Dahab and the Pink Sea
- Head to the coastal city of Dahab.
- Discover the colourful underwater world by snorkeling or diving within the Blue Gap.
- Go to the Coloured Canyon, which provides gorgeous pure magnificence.
- Benefit from the Magic Lake for a singular swimming expertise.
- Keep in Dahab for the evening.
Day 8: Enjoyable in Dahab
- Spend a leisurely day on the seashore, having fun with the clear waters of the Pink Sea.
- Go to the Blue Lagoon for a peaceable expertise.
- Take within the native tradition and delicacies in Dahab.
- Chill out and unwind on this lovely coastal city.
Day 9: Return to Cairo
- Journey to Sharm El Sheikh Worldwide Airport.
- Fly again to Cairo and residential
Egypt has a lot to see. The Pyramids are wonderful, but additionally think about heading into the Sinai to climb the sacred mountain of Sinai.
This episode of Novice Traveler is sponsored by Thrifty Traveler Premium – Journey Extra for Much less. Thrifty Traveler’s military of flight deal consultants are looking 24/7 for flight offers so that you don’t must. Use the promo code ‘AT10’ for $10 off your first yr at thriftytraveler.com/premium.
proper click on right here to obtain (mp3)
Marriott Mena Home, Cairo, Cairo
Saint Samaan : The Tanner Monastery
Saint Catherine, Egypt
Saint Catherine’s Monastery
Blue Gap (Pink Sea)
The Magic Lake in Fayoum
Le Méridien Dahab Resort, Dahab
Koshary Abou Tarek, Cairo
Cairo Journey Information: Ideas for Visiting Egypt’s Capital 
Climbing Mt. Sinai: Our Expertise and What You Ought to Know
Climbing Mt Sinai Video
Please take our listener survey