As we speak I’m sharing my overview of My Image to print a photograph canvas and their Mixpix to create a magnetic gallery wall.
In case you’re taken with any of the merchandise I’m sharing, you possibly can organize them on MYPICTURE.co.uk utilizing my 15% off low cost code – THETRAVELHACK15
This 15% off code is in ADDITION to some other different present reductions on the positioning!
I like displaying my household images and vacation footage round my residence. For me, nothing seems to be higher than a wall crammed with completely satisfied reminiscences and smiling faces.
I’ve obtained images in every single place however, I’ve obtained to confess, making a gallery wall is a little bit of an effort!
You’ve obtained to place nails within the wall, fear about pipes and wires behind these nails, line all of them up completely, print images, get the right frames.
I find yourself with naked partitions and film frames on the ground for months earlier than I truly find yourself placing them up!
Because of this, I’ve been contemplating a magnetic gallery wall for years.
The wall up my staircase has been clean since I moved in eight years in the past! It’s awkward to hold images right here as a result of I can’t attain the upper locations and wouldn’t need to put a ladder on the stair case, so a magnetic gallery wall is the right resolution for a contemporary staircase gallery wall.
I don’t know why it’s taken me so lengthy to do it however I’ve simply made one utilizing Mixpix from My Image.
I printed out 24 of the 20cm x 20cm lightfoam tiles.
The MAGNOFIX magnetic hanging system is included within the worth and this can be a sq. magnet that sticks to the again of every foam tile after which one to your wall.
Hanging the magnetic tiles
I assumed it could be rather more tough than it was to hold these tiles. I used to be anxious I’d put the magnets within the incorrect place and my magnetic gallery wall could be wonky.
I didn’t want to fret, it was really easy.
I didn’t use a tape measure or a stage to get it good, I simply caught mine to the wall by eye and I believe they’ve turned out rather well.
The explanation you don’t want to fret is as a result of it doesn’t matter in case you don’t stick the magnets completely.
The froth tiles don’t want to take a seat completely on the sq. magnet so you possibly can put the magnets collectively on an angle. They don’t must line up nook to nook to stay to the wall.
Suggestions for printing your tiles
- I cropped my images into squares utilizing the photograph enhancing instrument on my laptop. You’ll be able to crop them on the My Image web site whenever you add them however I desire to do it earlier than so there’s no approach it will possibly go incorrect.
- Don’t use overly edited images or images with heavy filters. A slight tweak to the publicity is ok however the high quality will drop with heavy enhancing.
- All of mine had been iPhone images and I’m actually proud of the standard.
- It seems to be greatest whenever you place related colored images collectively. I take most of my images open air so there are many browns and greens and pure colors in my footage.
Advantages of a magnetic gallery wall
There are many advantages to making a magnetic gallery wall over a conventional gallery wall with photograph frames:
- No must put nails in your partitions – nice for renters or anybody who simply doesn’t really feel comfy hammering nails into partitions!
- They’re simple to hold so nearly anybody can do it
- It’s simple to maneuver them round and change with new ones
- They’re very reasonably priced (at present £5 every with free delivery whenever you order 9)
- It’s fast to hold them. I hung mine in about 45 minutes.
- It’s much less overwhelming to decide on numerous small images somewhat than 2-3 large ones
- As a result of they’re small, the standard of every photograph doesn’t must be nearly as good
- Plenty of little images creates a big effect
- It’s mesmerising to have a wall of images like this. When folks go to they will’t assist however stand and stare at them
- You’ll be able to add frames to your tiles for a better high quality look (at present £9 for a body – diminished from £24)
- It might be simple to color over/across the magnetic stickers in case your portray your partitions
- The MAGNOFIX magnetic hanging system sticks to nearly any floor so it’s not only for plain, painted partitions.
Will the MAGNOFIX magnetic hanging system spoil the partitions?
I haven’t taken the MAGNOFIX magnetic hanging system off but so I can’t say for sure.
I’m fairly certain the magnetic stickers will pull the paint off the wall and so they’d positively rip your wallpaper, however they wouldn’t pull any plaster off so that they wouldn’t spoil the wall.
Printing canvas images with My Image
Aswell as printing the MIXPIX magnetic photograph tiles, I additionally printed a bigger photograph canvas. I’m actually happy with this canvas too and it’s one other budget-friendly technique to embellish your property.
I’m planning to get a couple of extra of those to fill the big white partitions in my bed room!
I’m actually proud of the merchandise I’ve had from My-Image.co.uk.
The canvas was nice high quality and a extremely reasonably priced worth and the MIXPIX magnetic gallery wall was a straightforward technique to create a gallery wall.
I like my magnetic gallery wall a lot that I’m even planning to create one other one in my kitchen!
My-Image.co.uk low cost code
Don’t overlook, you possibly can an extra low cost on MYPICTURE.co.uk utilizing my 15% off low cost code – THETRAVELHACK15.
Code is legitimate till 31.12.23 and this 15% off code is in ADDITION to some other different present reductions on the positioning!